Terms & Conditions
We may change these terms and conditions at any time. Any changes will apply to any orders that you place after the time we update the terms and conditions on our website. The changes will not apply to any order that you have placed before we make the change.
We have taken care to ensure that our website and these terms and conditions do not contradict each other. However if there are any inconstancies or contradictions then these terms and conditions shall apply instead of any contradictory or inconsistent part of our website.
These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
If you have any questions relating to our Terms and Conditions please contact us.
SQUIRES KITCHEN TRADE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- 'Squires Group' is used as a collective term referring to one or more of the following companies: Squires Kitchen Sugarcraft Ltd., Squires Kitchen Magazine Publishing Ltd. (SKMP), Squires Kitchen International School of Cake Decorating & Sugarcraft, and B. Dutton Publishing Ltd.
- Business will be conducted strictly on the understanding that our conditions of sale are known, understood and accepted in their entirety.
- First order of goods will be supplied on a pro-forma basis, to be shipped only when full payment is received, unless terms stating otherwise have been agreed in writing by the Squires Group.
- A trading account will be considered on receipt of a completed application form. A trade customer is defined as a business that re-sells Squires Group products to the public from retail premises. Squires Group reserves the right to review the terms of trade accounts or withdraw the facility at any time.
- The references supplied on the application form will be required to complete a separate form confirming your compliance with them. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- The Squires Group reserves the right to set a maximum credit limit.
- Our normal business hours are 9:00am - 5:30pm Monday to Friday. Orders received before 4:30pm will be processed the same day. Orders received after 4:30pm will be processed the following working day.
- Additional items to any order must be reported within 24 hours from placing new order.
- Images of goods on our website are for illustrative purposes only and may differ slightly from the actual goods.
- We endeavour to ensure that all data presented on this website, including but not limited to: pricing, product descriptions, order history, account information and delivery information; is accurate at the time of request, however we do not guarantee the accuracy of this data and accept no liability for any loss occurred due to inaccurate information. Certain areas of our website are only updated once daily due to technical limitations, where possible we have highlighted this data accordingly.
- Payment in full is due within 21 days after the invoice date (unless alternative terms have been agreed, in writing, by Squires Group and the customer).
- Any invoices that remain outstanding after the agreed credit period shall entitle Squires Group to withdraw all credit facilities granted to that customer and require immediate payment of all outstanding invoices due from then, including any in respect of which the relevant credit period has not yet expired.
- Squires Group reserves the right to charge interest at 2.5% per month on overdue accounts and pass on administration costs in respect to securing payment on overdue accounts, in accordance with the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998.
- Squires Group reserves the right to pass on handling costs for cheques returned unpaid.
- VAT - VAT is a tax charged on most business-to-business and business-to-consumer transactions in the UK. If you are registered for VAT, generally you charge VAT on your business sales and reclaim it on your business purchases. The difference between the VAT you charge and the VAT you are reclaiming is the amount of VAT you must pay to HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC). If the value of the VAT you reclaim is more than the value of the VAT you charge, then HRMC pays you. If you are not registered for VAT, you do not charge VAT on your sales. You still pay VAT on your purchases and you cannot reclaim this.
- Reservation of Title
- 'Title' in any goods supplied by Squires Group only passes to the customer once payment has been received in full.
- Delivery of Goods
- The Squires Group aims to dispatch orders within seven working days. Please allow extra time in busy periods e.g. Christmas and Squires Kitchen's Annual Exhibition in March
- The Squires Group reserves the right to make part deliveries and invoice accordingly.
- The customer has the right to amend an order up to 24 hours after the order is placed. After this time, orders cannot be amended and the customer should place a new order for further items required.
- In the interest of continuing product development, Squires Group reserves the right to alter product specifications without prior notice.
- Squires Group reserves the right to reject any order and amend the specification and details of items or delete them from their stock list without prior notice.
- Please note that some items are fragile and are noted as such in the trade price list. These items can be sent via post but are done so at the customer's risk. No claim for damages can be made on these items.
- The Squires Group's back order policy states that, if the goods are out of stock, the customer should re-order.
- Any goods sent in error by or on behalf of the Squires Group will be collected at the expense of the Squires Group.
- Squires Group products are sold on the strict understanding that they are not repacked or packed into smaller or larger quantities for sale.
- Carriage will be charged at £8.00 for orders under £100. On orders above £100, carriage is free to UK customers only. Overseas trade customers will be charged carriage at cost: please contact our Trade Order Department for details.
- All goods collected or received must be checked immediately on receipt. Any damage, faults, shortages or discrepancies must be given in writing to the Squires Group within five working days from receipt of goods. Signing a carrier's delivery note "unchecked" does not absolve the persons receiving the goods from this condition. Failure to notify such claims will render the customer liable to payment
- Unless exceptional circumstances apply, Squires Group will not exchange or provide a refund for any of our products which have been supplied correctly.
- No goods may be returned without prior agreement with Squires Group. Credit may not be given for goods returned without prior written agreement.
- Squires Group does not offer goods on a 'sale-or-return' basis. We will always endeavour to ensure that the goods requested are suitable for customers' needs when taking an order. We do have a wide range of literature, user guides and a showroom where many of the goods can be viewed prior to purchase. All work undertaken, whether experimental or otherwise, at the customer's request, will be charged in full to the customer.
- Please note: Due to health and hygiene requirements and in the best interests of all our customers, Squires Group is unable to exchange or accept return of edible goods, opened or unopened. This is a strict policy and we cannot make any exceptions. When placing an order please ensure that the code is correct and matches the product description, especially where bulk items are available.
- Overseas customers can call +44 1252 260264, or email email@example.com for all enquiries.
- Please note that some countries may charge import duty or tax on goods which is payable by the customer (this normally applies to non-EU addresses). Therefore any duty, local taxes and customs charges are the responsibility of the purchaser, Squires Group cannot accept any liability for goods held by local authorities for any reason.
- For customers overseas, we regret we cannot send out flammable items such as confectioners' glaze, glaze cleaner and edible gold and silver paint.
- Orders to customers based on the Channel Islands are handled by our carriers as an overseas order, therefore higher postage rates than mainland UK apply. Other restrictions also apply (see 7.3).
- Use of Squires Kitchen brand names, logos or trademarks
- You may use Squires Kitchen brand names, logos or trademarks provided that you do not mislead consumers as to any Squires Kitchen sponsorship, affiliation, or endorsement of your company, or of your products or services.
- Do not use any Squires Kitchen brand names, logos or trademarks in any manner that expresses or implies Squires Kitchen legal association, affiliation, sponsorship, endorsement, certification or approval. You must display your company name more prominently than any Squires Kitchen brand names, logos or trademarks on all materials.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- The formation, existence, construction, performance, validity and all aspects whatsoever of these terms and conditions or of any term of these terms and conditions will be governed by the law of England.
- The English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any disputes which may arise out of or in connection with these terms and conditions.